These are the cornerstones of your new agreement about working hours
At the beginning of 2021, the parties representing the independent schools approved a new agreement about working hours. The agreement will implemented as of the school year 2022/2023, however, some schools have already started implementing the principles in their planning.
The agreement improves a number of factors of the planning of your working time.
The main points of the new agreement
The agreement improves the teachers’ conditions in a number of ways:
- The teachers and – especially – the union representative must be involved when the school plans the teachers’ working hours.
- The school must create a statement of performed working hours four times per year.
- The teachers must receive their task list no later than five weeks before the school year begins.
- In the task list, the school management must include an estimate of the preparation time for each individual teacher, and all tasks with an expected duration of more than 60 hours during the school year must be included in the task list.
- New rules will be introduced, which will protect the teachers when planned working hours are changed.
- A fixed piecework agreement will be introduced for camps, study trips and other excursions with overnight accommodation. Unless anything else has been agreed locally, you will get paid 17.3 working hours for every 24 hours of camp.
- Improved conditions for planning days off and work on weekends at the independent boarding schools (efterskoler) and primary and secondary boarding schools (kostskoler) will be introduced.